Friday, February 24, 2012

Beautiful buildings in Bucharest

This morning Robin and I ventured out into old town for a walking tour of Lipscani - The Little Bucharest. Even with the snow it was very pleasant. I had a few favorites. One was a cafe that we stopped at by chance, actually look at what a sign described as a remonstrate (chewed up) floor. What we discovered was a golden stair case, walls and floor. Literally, it was gold with glass tiles over it. The host gave us a brief tour which included a small wine cellar. It was charming. My pictures of the gold staircase didn't turn out well. Bummer. Robin is a photographer so I'm sure hers look great.

We also visited several churches, the most impressive being the Russian Church. I have included pictures of the inside and outside of this church.

No comments:

Post a Comment